Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Veronica Monsterhearts - Playtesting Notes

Well, got some Veronica Monsterhearts playtesting done. Little playtesting done, but the character creation stuff gave me some thoughts.

1. Need to make everything immediate to the players. You just don't make it up and go, you have to make the city and I have to come up with that. Everything that's coming up is heavily influenced by 5 Fires, but I really don't want to just cut and paste that. It needs to fit this game, and not that one. However, that's the city creation that I'm enamoured with so it's going to be there.

2. Need to look at the scenes and how to frame them. There was a bit of panic about setting scenes with little or no direction on how to start them. I kind of did that in Geasa but I think this might be something that needs a little bit more direction since it's using AW.

I was directed to look at Murderous Ghosts but I didn't enjoy it too much when I read it the first time, but I'm sure that there is something there but I really don't want to do that.

3. I think I'll have to revisit the casefiles again, mainly because they need to be cleaned up a little bit and try to think about how to incorporate scene setting moves into them. No clue how I'm going to do that but that's there.

I think those are the three things I need to look over again, and then give it another playtest.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am really digging this, and I am scheduled to run a game set in the VMars universe sometime soon as a birthday game for a friend. Did you finish the case files, I'd love to have a look and help playtest.

Unknown said...

Hey Jaison, they're actually there in the v.1 document.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TfrVfkOzoAaDGU_uXTBjZD7cdvBpjRzFG-dZbp4BAX0/edit?usp=sharing

It's playable, but you might want to go over the scene stuff. It's one of the things I have to make more explicit.

Unknown said...

Hey, it looks like you stopped updating your blog, but if you ever get back to it drop me a line at www.thedailyrpg.com

Firestorm Ink's Fan Box