Saturday, March 13, 2010

Geasa - A Change for the Better

So I made a slight change to Geasa. Something very small that doesn't change the way the game works, but actually fits more in theme with what's going on.

Originally, the Fae could cancel a use of magic at 1 power. I never really liked that much. It didn't feel all that amazing and it didn't feel like it was much in keeping with the flavour. You want them that first die of power to be some sort of threat rather than just some sort of nebulous kind of, "Well, when you get a 1 I'll screw you over from using it in the future, some nebulous time unless I forget, and then you're safe."

Not much of a threat at all. So, the change is that you get to make a Geis. You can throw a curse at someone in the vein of "You must do X when Y happens or else Z occurs." It can be more elegant than that, but the key thing is that you now force the character into acting in a certain ways, and that might be more powerful than the other options two or three which deal with the stats but that's counteracted with the fact that those two do lead to death.

I'm going to have to find a way to make this all fit. I think one of these days I'm going to sit down and take a camera out to start doing pictures for the game.

Stay tuned for more details.

No comments:

Firestorm Ink's Fan Box